Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Watch Nightmare Campus Vol 1

small, poor Benni ...

When I was little I always thought to be the poorest of the group ...
For heaven's sake, that I have never caused complex parts, but I always believed that the fact that others from school could have 10 packs of cards, while I barely gets one and the fact that they have hundreds of Barbie, Ken, Barbie-pink puppies, camper equipped with multi-mega-barbie, golf shoes, tennis and soccer barbie, dresses, beach volley ball, first-of-scale or service Milat for barbie, when I, instead, I had to settle for those poor little bodies of plastic (often undeservedly naked) with frizzy hair or shaved already passed from the hands of the merciless my sweet sister and the fact that they could change their colorful backpacks every year while I was forced to turn increasingly to what was then the subject seemed more "nerd" in the world (the backpack with wheels) ... well all these things I looked like a clear, unequivocal, unquestionable proof of the poverty of my family.
Towards 11/12anni, self-censorship even my requests convinced that the tamagotchi, the latest model tennis shoes with bubbles depressurized to jump higher than ever, the computer, the original soundtrack of Titanic, etc.. were never within our grasp.
course, something did not return my sister attended a private university, traveled often, visited some beautiful places (but not those havens exotic-hot-all-l ' years boasted to my friends ...) and, ultimately, there lacked nothing, but I was always confident of being the poorest.
Only now, after a long, slow, traumatic awareness, really understand that what my parents had a way of educating them, an attempt to keep me away and protected from the dangerous consumerism you now "kidnapped" as a child, causing them to have more needs forced, unnecessary, and my family has tried to instill values, dare I say a hierarchy of values, I have no doubt that I, in which material goods are always had little importance.
Today, at twenty-one that I feel surrounded by a Milan supeficiale, where the dress is important to sign (true or false), where the issues are the most popular discount Esselunga or kindness orders from Louis Vuitton, where in 18 years if you do not buy the car you are a loser ; where if you do not spend at least € 8 cocktails, "then how can you have fun?", where on Saturday morning at 10, the filling of Vigevano purchasers of the w-end and where the Sunday all the supermarkets are open ... well, I say thanks to my parents as big as a house!
For all to no unnecessary claims that seemed to me essential to bring them to my little friends, for having invested so much (from all points of view) in my "theater education, in our travels, in our" food culture "for having sent a civic passion and politics major, to have bought the video-recorder when it was too late for 7 days on 7 stoned in front of Disney movies and many other things.
Hugs and kisses spread
Benni

0 comments:

Post a Comment